Paper Workshop CHI20
Next paper workshop: Wednesday, June 13th, 2:00PM; Room H20
WHAT IS IT?
- It is an efficient way to collect feedback from your colleagues about your project
- It is an external motivation for writing the important parts of your paper
- It significantly accelerate the writing process and the quality of the paper
- It provides a global awareness of what your colleagues are doing.
- This exercise is used in many (excellent) research groups around the world
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Authors have to write some parts of the paper. We usually focus on the title, the abstract, the keywords and the introduction of the paper (and the figure 1 if it is relevant), but it might be the experimental design section, related work, etc. Focus on what is easy to write.
- Indicate explicitly which part of the paper should be reviewed.
- Better is the writing, better will be the feedback
- !New! Use the template of the conference: https://chi2020.acm.org/authors/chi-proceedings-format/
- At this stage (June), you should review all papers. When the deadline is approaching (September), and papers have more content, we assign ~3 reviewers per paper.
- You should NOT spend more than 15 minutes on each paper.
- You should focus on high-level comments such as “I do not understand that and that”, “what is the problem you address”, “what is the contribution”, “Where is the difficulty”, etc.
- You should NOT focus on typos and grammar issues.
- Be constructive
- Authors should submit the papers:
- 24h before the paper workshop on the HCI mailing list.
- Use Pdf format
- The name of the file is paperId_authorName.pdf
- You have 24 hours to review the papers
- During the group meeting, we provide feedback (~1h00)