GESTURE: Deriving Performance-Optimized Gestural Interaction
Gesture is a starting grant project funded by The French National Research Agency (grant number ANR-16-CE33-0023). The project started in February 2017 for a duration of 4 years.
This project in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) aims at developing user expertise in interactive systems so that users can quickly and efficiently select a large set of commands. It focuses on gestural interaction, a promising input modality for selecting commands. Indeed, gestural interaction can drastically shift the learning curve of users on a wide variety of platforms (e.g. wearables) and thus deeply modify how users will interact with novel technologies. However, it is first necessary to establish a fundamental understanding of gestural interaction that influences usability and performance of information systems. This project addresses this objective and provides methods and tools to help designers to create gestural interaction.
- Gilles Bailly (Principal Investigator)
- Evanthia Dimara (Post-doc 2018)
- Reyhaneh Raissi (Phd student 2017-)
- Oleksandra Vereschack (Intern 2019)
- Asheesh Singh (Intern 2018)
- Haoyu Yuan (Intern 2017)
- Mengyang Wang (Intern 2017)
- Emeline Brulé
- Jean-Louis Dessalles
- Marcos Serrano
- New trends in User Expertise and Interactive Systems. 31st October 2017. Sorbonne Université. 100 participants
- Marc Teyssier, Gilles Bailly, Catherine Pelachaud, Eric Lecolinet.
MobiLimb: Augmenting Mobile Devices with a Robotic Limb.
The 31st Annual ACM Symposium, Oct 2018, Berlin, Germany. ACM Press, The 31st Annual ACM Symposium 18
- Gilles Bailly, Emmanouil Giannisakis, Marion Morel, Catherine Achard.
Caractériser la transition des menus vers les raccourcis claviers.
30eme conférence francophone sur l’interaction homme-machine, Oct 2018, Brest, France. IHM-2018, pp.30-41, 2018, Articles Scientifiques. <https://ihm2018.afihm.org/>.
- Emeline Brulé, Gilles Bailly, Marcos Serrano, Marc Teyssier, Samuel Huron. Explorer le potentiel des interactions tangibles rotatives pour les Smart Watches. AFIHM. 29ème conférence franco- phone sur l’Interaction Homme-Machine, Aug 2017, Poitiers, France. ACM, IHM-2017, 8 p., 2017,
Gilles Bailly (gilles [.] bailly [@] sorbonne-university [.] fr)