Welcome to the HCI Sorbonne group! If you’re starting as a master student, PhD, postdoc or permanent member, this page should help you get things done fast.
Who to talk to
- Take a look at the lab jobs page
- Start asking questions to the current master students and PhDs
- For administrative questions, the ISIR assistants next to the front door should be able to help you
- If you still don’t have an answer to your question, ask Gilles, Yvonne, Baptiste or Nacho, they are the permanent researchers
Your first day
- If you’re a PhD student or postdoc: ask for an intranet account (Ask your supervisor to send an email to ‘service technique’ if you have a personal laptop)
- Ask to join the hci mailing list: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘subscribe hci John Doe’ <– replace with your name ?
- Ask to join the shared google calendar
- Follow our Twitter account HCI Sorbonne
Your first week
- Write a welcome e-mail to email@example.com where you introduce yourself. Mention your name, who you’re working with and something about your project. Also tell us about yourself!
- If you’re a PhD student or postdoc: create your personal page and add your photo to the people page
- Propose to take a team task in the next weekly meeting
- Get your key with the ISIR lab assistants
- Get your lunch card
- If you’re a PhD student or postdoc: configure your e-mail client